Experienced California Lawyer Provides Steadfast Bankruptcy Support
Sacramento bankruptcy lawyer with more than 27 years of experience delivers quality legal services
When you or your business is in financial distress, you need the help of an experienced bankruptcy and consumer rights attorney who can explain your legal options and provide legal services that are responsive to your needs. After working at other law firms for nearly 10 years, I opened my own practice, the Law Office of Scott Shumaker in Sacramento, California to help individuals and businesses with debt relief matters. Since 2002, I have helped many clients navigate the bankruptcy filing process and achieve a fresh financial start.
Knowledgeable lawyer dedicated to your financial stability
My firm focuses exclusively on bankruptcy matters, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — I help eligible clients file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which allows them to discharge certain debts without having to commit to a long-term repayment plan.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — When you have debts that cannot be discharged or you do not meet the income limits of a Chapter 7 filing, I can help you filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. This option allows you to keep most of your property and reorganize your existing debt under a three or five-year repayment plan.
- Business bankruptcy — Financially distressed businesses may be able to receive relief from creditors through business bankruptcy, including Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy or through a Chapter 11 business reorganization bankruptcy.
- Mortgage modifications — You have rights as a property owner that I will staunchly defend in order to keep you from losing your home. I can explore options to help you obtain a mortgage modification that makes mortgage payments more manageable.
- Student loan debt relief — I can identify ways to help you achieve student loan debt relief by seeking to reduce or cancel your existing student loan debt.
When your financial security is in jeopardy, trust your case to an experienced lawyer.
Contact me to schedule a free consultation
If you are considering filing individual or business bankruptcy in the Sacramento area, the Law Office of Scott Shumaker in Sacramento, California is here to help. I can explain your legal rights and options during a free consultation. Contact me today at 916-441-2199 or contact me online to get started with the process.